Raţă cu castraveţi (Duck with cucumbers)
After testing this recipe, I have amended the recipe quantities for 2 people using a Gressingham duck crown, though it could just as easily have used 2 duck breasts.
Original recipe below
The photos are from the 2 person version.
- 1 duck, quartered
- 1 tablespoon marjoram, chopped
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 280 ml hot water
- 500 g cucumber, grated, and left to drain in a sieve
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- Rub the seasoning and marjoram into each duck piece.
- Heat 15 ml of the oil in a large saucepan or casserole, until slightly smoking.
- Add the duck pieces until they are lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the water, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the duck pieces are tender.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and sauté the onions until they are soft.
- Add them and the grated cucumber to the duck about 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Serve with Bulz ciobanesc