Sweet chilli salmon steaks
I had some spare Belazu Smoked chilli jelly that I wanted to use. It's very nice, but quite sweet so I think it needs a little acidity to balance it. This worked really well so I've kept it as a recipe.
- 2 skinless salmon steaks
- 1 teaspoon Belazu smoked chilli jelly
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Olive oil for frying
- Add the ingredients to a dish and whisk to combine.
- I found the chilli jelly quite thick and difficult to combine with the other liquids so I microwaved the mixture for 25 seconds, which helped immensely.
- Place the steaks in the marinade and leave to infuse in a cool place for an hour or so, turning now and then.
- Fry the salmon steaks in a little olive oil for about 2 to 3 minutes a side, remove from the heat, cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.