Sundried tomato and anchovy bread
This is really more of a reminder to anyone with a breadmaker to use it for more than just brown or white loaves. than a proper recipe.
We have a Panasonic SD253 breadmaker and it is wonderful. We have used it twice a week for the last year or so to make white or wholemeal loaves. However, we have only recently tried some of the other recipes that came with the breadmaker. They are exceptional and well worth making.
- 3/4 teaspoon dried yeast
- 200 g (7 oz) strong white flour
- 200 g (7 oz) strong brown flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk powder
- 30 g anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 300 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 300 g water
Place in the nut dispenser
- 50 g (2 oz) sundried tomatoes, drained of oil and chopped finely
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the sundried tomatoes into the breadmaker
- Place the sundried tomatoes in the nut dispenser
- Select BAKE RAISIN, MEDIUM program, for the Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker, this is menu option 03 Basic raisin bake.
- Perfectly baked in 4 hours
If the sundried tomatoes are dried, soak in just boiled water for 15 minutes, then drain, before using The timer cannot be used with this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.