Stir-fried sweetcorn with chillies
I've used this dish as an opportunity to use some of the delicious dried chillies from the Cool Chile Co. Re-hydrate them by soaking in just boiled water for 20 minutes.
- 2 whole ears of sweetcorn or 175 g (6 oz) frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1.5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 small fresh red chillies, de-seeded and cut into small rings, or rehydrated, chile pasilla and 3 chile de Árbole
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) chicken stock
- Strip the kernels from the cob if using whole kernels
- Blanch frozen sweetcorn in boiling water for 10 seconds
- Heat the oil in a wok
- Add the chillies , garlic and sweetcorn and stir-fry for 1 minute
- Add the chicken stock, pepper and sugar and cook for another 3 minutes
- Serve immediately
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.