Sri Lankan king prawn curry (cheat)
Make this delicious king prawn curry in 15 minutes. A great cheat recipe if you are short on time
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400g Seasoned Pioneers Sri Lankan curry sauce (1 sachet)
- 16 frozen king prawns, defrosted
- 1 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok and gently fry the onions and garlic for 4 minutes until they are both translucent but without going brown.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for a minute only.
- Pour in the sauce and peas, bring to just before the boil, reduce the heat and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately
Sauce contains: coconut milk (25%), Water, Spinach, red onions, White Onions, white wine vinegar, sunflower oil, Sri Lankan curry powder (Coriander, Fenugreek, Cumin, Fennel, Cayenne, Cinnamon, Cardamom, curry leaves, Cloves) (1.3%), ginger root, Garlic, Dried red chillies, Sea Salt, Tamarind, Vegetable Boullion Powder (contains celery), Concentrated lemon juice, Natural Thickener: Guar Gum, Curry Leaves, Fenugreek Leaves, Ground fenugreek seeds, Turmeric
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.