Spicy Jazz Apple Crisps
Crunchy fruit crisps made with Jazz apples, an ideal accompaniment for Jazz apple granita.
- 2 Jazz apples
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 level teaspoon Chinese 5 spice (or a little ground ginger or ground cinnamon)
- Set the oven to Gas Mark ¼-1/2 or 110°C. Slice the whole apples across into very thin slices using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer. Brush the slices quickly on both sides with a little lemon juice then spread them out on a baking sheet and sprinkle them all over with sugar and a little spice. Use a template, like a star cutter, and sprinkle the spice round it, if you like.
- Bake for 1 ½ - 2 hours until the slices are just crisp. Transfer to a cooling rack to crisp and dry.
- Serve on their own or with drinks or desserts.
- Stored in an airtight container, the crisps should keep for a few days.
- Makes approx 24-32 crisps
An ideal accompaniment for Jazz apple granita
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.