Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 110g Puy lentils
- 1.2 litres hot vegetable stock
- 2 Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb garlic, finely diced
- Olive oil
- 225g medium potatoes, peeled, and cut into quarters
- 2 large bay leaves
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Seasoning, to taste
- 4 slices of bread, crusts removed, and cut into cubes
- Place the lentils in a saucepan and pour the hot vegetable stock over them.
- Cover and leave for about an hour.
- Meanwhile fry the onions and garlic in a little olive oil, until slightly brown.
- Add the potatoes, and the fried onions and garlic to the lentils.
- Simmer, covered, for 1½ hours until the lentils are tender.
- Allow to cool, blend and season.
- In the meantime, heat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5) and dry the bread cubes until golden.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the butter and heat through.
- Serve, garnished with the cubes of bread.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.