Smokey Boston beans with Dragon Cheddar cheese
This recipe is a neat cookery cheat from South Caernarfon Creameries and makes smokey boston beans the quick way. Adding the Cannellini beans to the baked beans also adds a taste variation. Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese finished this recipe perfectly.
- 1 tin cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tin baked beans in tomato sauce
- 100g Chorizo finely chopped
- 100g Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small jar chargrilled red peppers drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle paste
- Mix all ingredients together well and heat through until piping hot and the cheese has melted
- Serve with crusty bread
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- South Caernarfon Creameries
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.