From Cookipedia(Redirected from Sangrita)
Sangrita is a tomato juice based drink that is often used as a cocktail mixer or drunk alongside tequila as a chaser. Not to be confused with "sangria," a fruit and wine concoction, this beverage is a tangy mixture of tomato and orange juices, usually spiked with hot chiles and lime juice. It may sound odd in flavour, but sangrita is considered the perfect accompaniment to good quality tequila, like an aged añejo or a good reposado. The tequila and sangrita are poured into separate shot glasses and the two are alternately sipped, not chased. First the tequila, then the chilled sangrita. Slowly, one after the other.
- 100 ml tomato juice
- Juice from two large oranges
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- 1 small onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 serrano chillies, finely chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- A few coriander leaves
- Blend all of the ingredients in a cocktail mixer
Serve chilled, garnished with coriander
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.