Salmon and bacon tagliatelle
This came about because the power cut meant we had to use up defrosted salmon and bacon from the freezer.
Thank you for the inspiration, power co!
- A dash of olive oil
- 2 salmon steaks, cut into 1" long pieces
- 4 rashers of uncooked smoked bacon, rind removed, cut into 1" long strips
- 1 large leek
- 1 tin lobster bisque soup
- 125 ml single cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives and flower heads (only because they were there)
- 200 g dried tagliatelle
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Chop the leek diagonally, into 1/2" thick slices
- Boil the leek slices in a pan of water for 3 minutes (this seems to moisten them slightly)
- Mix the soup, single cream and pepper in a bowl
- Shake a dash of olive oil into the bottom of an ovenproof dish
- In the dish, place the smoked bacon, salmon and leeks in alternate layers
- Pour the soup mixture over the layers
- Sprinkle with the chopped chives
- Cook, uncovered for 45 minutes
- Boil the pasta as directed, usually 7 minutes in boiling water.
- Place the pasta onto a warm plate and spoon the salmon and bacon mixture over the top
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.