Salatit el bayd tarablousia
This Libyan salad is based on a recipe by the late Arto der Haroutunian, a multi-talented Syrian-born Armenian. The original recipe can be found in his book North African Cookery (ISBN 9781906502348)
- 1 large iceberg or Webb's lettuce, shredded
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 75 ml garlic mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika (mild or hot, as you wish)
- Pinch ground cumin
- Parsley, finely chopped, to taste
- 60 g sultanas
- A handful of black olives
- Place the shredded lettuce in a serving dish or in 4 small bowls.
- Arrange the slices of egg and tomato on top of the lettuce.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the remaining ingredients (excluding the olives) and dot on top of the salad.
- Garnish with the olives.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.