Salata od hobotnitse (Octopus salad)
- 900g baby octopus or squid, skinned
- 175ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 12 black olives, stoned
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish
- 8-12 cos lettuce leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- In a large saucepan, boil the octopus or squid in salted water for 20-25 minutes, or until just soft.
- Strain and leave to cool before covering and chilling for 45 minutes.
- Cut the tentacles from the body and head, then chop all the flesh into even pieces, slicing along the thick part of the tentacles following the direction of the suckers.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Add the parsley, olives, shallots, onion and octopus to the bowl.
- Season to taste and toss well.
- Arrange the octopus on a bed of lettuce, garnish with the coriander and serve with the lemon wedges.
Serve with good crusty bread.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.