Sacromonte spinach (TM)
Sacromonte is the traditional gipsy area of the city of Granada in Spain
- 500g frozen spinach
- 100g olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 50g almonds, peeled
- A few saffron strands
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 150g water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 50g seedless raisins
- 50g vinegar
- 8 peeled almonds to decorate
- Defrost the spinach, drain it and dry it with kitchen paper.
- Put the oil in the bowl 4 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the garlic, almonds, saffron and breadcrumbs 5 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 3½.
- Push the ingredients down into the bowl and scrape the lid.
- Put the butterfly on the blades, add the water, spinach, a little pepper, the stock cube and the raisins into the bowl 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- Drain the spinach and sprinkle the vinegar over it.
- Put the spinach into a serving dish and decorate it with some more almonds.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Cocina española con Thermomix
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.