- An award-winning cheese made from 100% local cows milk from selected farms within 20 miles of Shepherds Purse Dairy. Ryedale is a hand made traditional cheese, aged for a minimum of six months.
Aroma and taste
- A white cheese, moist, creamy yet crumbly with a slightly fruity bite on the palate to finish.
Shape, weight and size
- 200g quadrants
- 800g truckle
- 2010 British Cheese Awards - Bronze2010
- 2008 Nantwich - Silver
- 2007 Nantwich- Gold & Bronze
- 2006 Nantwich - Gold Medal
North Yorkshire YO7 4DJ
Tel: 01845 587220
Fax: 01845 587717.
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Ryedale cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Ryedale cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.