Rum Infused Tropical Pavlova
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tropical Sun pistachio essence
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup guava paste
- 1 cup cut strawberries
- 1 whole guava, peeled and chopped
- handful of raisins
- 1 jigger rum
Preheat the oven to 150° C (300° F - gas 2), [fan oven 130° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Whisk eggs until frothy and start adding 1 tablespoon at a time as you continue to whisk.
- Add corn flour, vinegar and essence and keep whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Fold merengue onto parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Form into circle or heart and create a well in the centre.
- Cook in oven for one hour, turn off oven and let it cool in the oven
- Heat guava paste under low flame. Add strawberries, guava and raisins and keep stirring until cooked.
- Remove from heat and add rum....Pour over pavlova.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.