Rum Infused Tropical Pavlova
Not for me
3.5/5 Far too sweet (and there's no cheese in it) 😦 Jerry, aka Chef)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tropical Sun pistachio essence
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup guava paste
- 1 cup cut strawberries
- 1 whole guava, peeled and chopped
- handful of raisins
- 1 jigger rum
Preheat the oven to 150° C (300° F - gas 2), [fan oven 130° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Whisk eggs until frothy and start adding 1 tablespoon at a time as you continue to whisk.
- Add corn flour, vinegar and essence and keep whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Fold merengue onto parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Form into circle or heart and create a well in the centre.
- Cook in oven for one hour, turn off oven and let it cool in the oven
- Heat guava paste under low flame. Add strawberries, guava and raisins and keep stirring until cooked.
- Remove from heat and add rum....Pour over pavlova.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#ruminfusedtropicalpavlova #guava #rum #strawberries #cornflour #raisins #guavapaste #whitewinevinegar #recipesfromothersites #parchmentpaper #eggwhites