An easy way to make a meal look impressive, I prefer these cold, but I guess you could omit the cold rinse and serve them immediately if you wanted them hot.
There are food poisoning risks associated with rice that is left for a length of time at room temperature and then consumed, so to be safe, refrigerate as soon as it has cooled down and consume the same day.
- 1 ramekin full of uncooked basmati rice
- A little more than 1 ramekin or 1 cooking ring full of uncooked rice fills 2 ramkins or 2 cooking rings once cooked
- Freshly chopped herbs to garnish
- Rinse the rice under cold running water for a minute or two to wash out any starch.
- Place in plenty of boiling water, return to the boil and simmer hard for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Skin any surface scum that may have formed, tip the rice into a sieve and rinse with cold water for 30 seconds.
- Allow to drain then pack into ramkins, cooking rings or similar containers, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tip out onto the serving plater and garnish with fresh herbs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.