- For the batter
- 2 cups semolina/rava
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup maida (plain flour)
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly ground
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- A few curry leaves
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- Sea salt to taste
- 6 cup water (approximately)
- For frying
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Add all of the ingredients, mix well then leave to rest for an hour
- It should have the consistency of single cream, adjust with water or flour as required
- Ideally, heat a lightly greased tava or a large no-stick frying pan
- When hot pour a little batter in a circle around the edge of the tava to make a huge doughnut shape, then fill the space in the middle with a little batter and swirl the tava to distribute evenly.
- Cook unit browned and crispy. You can flip it over and brown the other side if you wish
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.