Rødkål (Danish red cabbage)
- 1.3kg red cabbage, outer leaves and core removed, and sliced at 1.25mm intervals
- 4 tablespoons lard
- 45ml vinegar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 60ml undiluted blackcurrant juice
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the lard in a large pan.
- Add one quarter of the cabbage and cook until browned
- Season the browned cabbage and place in a flameproof casserole dish
- Continue in the same manner until all the cabbage is brown
- Add all the other ingredients and stir to distribute evenly throughout the cabbage
- Cover tightly and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Taste and season if necessary
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.