Prawns and spinach
A colourful and tasty combination that works just as well as a starter or a main course.
- 225 g (8 oz) peeled prawns
- 225 g (8 oz) spinach leaves
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 fresh green chili, deseeded and sliced
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- sea salt to taste
- Slices of lime
- Heat the ghee in a wok and fry the onions and garlic for 4 minutes
- Add the spices
- Stir-fry the tomatoes and fry for a further 3 minutes
- Add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the prawns and cook until they turn pink, this will be dependant upon the size of the prawns
- Remove from the heat, season to taste with sea salt
Garnish with quarters of lime and serve while hot
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.