Ziemniaki z kwasna smietana (Potatoes in sour cream)
(Redirected from Potatoes in sour cream)
A simple and traditional Polish recipe for potatoes.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 50g butter
- 200ml sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or chives, snipped
- Boil the potatotes for 5 minutes.
- Drain and slice.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until soft.
- Add the potatoes, sour cream, dill or chives and seasoning.
- Cook over a low heat, covered, until the potatoes are tender - about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I am not sure about the sour cream quantity - you may need more or less than 200ml.
I made this for 2 people and used about half the potatoes, a large onion, about 25 g butter with an equal amount of olive oil. 150 g sour cream and loads of dill as I love it and it goes so well with potatoes. I used a little extra milk to just cover the potatoes. This will be made again! --Chef 18:20, 16 May 2010 (BST)
This went very well with garlic lamb kebabs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #sourcream #butter #dill #onions #chives #oliveoil #boil #ziemniakizkwasnasmietanapotatoesinsourcream #onion #boiledorsimmered