Potato and celeriac mash (V)
This unusual recipe comes from Jamie Oliver's new book: "Jamie's Great Britain" ISBN 978-0718156817.
It is ever so simple to make and is probably a good way to introduce kids to odd vegetables - they don't come much stranger than this!
- 'Peel' the celeriac by roughly slicing off the skin - don't try to peel in conventially.
- Wash the 'peeled' celeriac - you will probably get about 800g of celeriac from a 1 kg celeriac.
- Weigh out an equivalent amount of peeled potatoes, the amount does not have to be accurate - 50/50 ish.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and the celeriac into slighly smaller chunks into small chunks so they cook quickly and evenly.
- Add to a large pan of boiling salted water, return to the boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain and leave in the pan to steam for few minutes.
- Mash with a potato ricer or a potato masher.
- Season and serve.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.