Potage à la liégeoise (V)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 large celeriac, peeled
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- Pinch nutmeg
- 230 ml single cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Place the celeriac in a bowl of vinegared water, to prevent it from going brown, if not using immediately.
- Chop the celeriac into small cubes and add to a pan of boiling water.
- Cook until well done, (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a separate pan.
- Drain the vegetables and blend them in a food processor with enough of the stock to make a purée.
- Empty the purée into a saucepan and mix with the remaining stock. Season.
- Beat the eggs with a little of the cream and add to the soup.
- Add the remaining soup, little by little, stirring constantly and reheat slowly, without boiling.
- Serve, sprinkled with the parsley.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#celeriac #soup #boiling #parsley #potatoes #onions #stock #diced #eggs #celery #eggyolks