Potage à la liégeoise
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 large celeriac, peeled
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- Pinch nutmeg
- 230 ml single cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Place the celeriac in a bowl of vinegared water, if not using immediately, to prevent it from going brown.
- Chop the celeriac into small cubes and add to a pan of boiling water.
- Cook until well done (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a separate pan.
- Drain the vegetables and blend them in a food processor with enough of the stock to make a purée.
- Empty the purée into a saucepan and mix with the remaining stock. Season.
- Beat the eggs with a little of the cream and add to the soup.
- Add the remaining cream, little by little, stirring constantly and reheat slowly, without boiling.
- Serve, sprinkled with the parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.