Portobello mushroom burger
An excellent vegetarian substitute for a standard meat-based burger. This recipe is simple and delicious.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms or large field mushrooms
- 30m (l/2) tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Splash of light soy sauce
- Ground black pepper
- 4 crusty ciabatta rolls
- 4 Crisp lettuce leaves
- 1 Large tomato, sliced
- Place the mushrooms in shallow dish, add the olive oil, Crushed garlic, soy sauce and seasoning and toss until the mushrooms are evenly coated. Leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook the mushrooms on a lightly oiled griddle pan for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Test for tenderness with a skewer.
- Rest the mushrooms on a plate for 5 minutes, gill sides down.
- Toast the ciabatta rolls and fill with lettuce, tomato and top with the mushrooms.
Go the whole way healthy and try this with a simple salad and beetroot rosti.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#mushrooms #portobellomushroomburger #garlic #ciabatta #tomato #sauce #olive #lettuce #lightsoy #soy #grilled