Pork and bean curry crumble
This is just an aide-memior for me so I can replicate this recipe easily.
It's 'constructed' from pre-made ingredients so the preparation times are a little inaccurate.
- 1 portion of my curry sauce for 2 people, about 500 grams
- 2 small pork steaks, chopped - I've cooked them sous-vide for 4 hours at 50° C but they could probably go in raw if sliced thinly
- 1 can of mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 105 g suet
- 105 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 30g cold water
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add the chopped pork to two pie dishes
- Tip most of the mixed beans over the pork. I didn't use the full tin. The remains freeze well
- Pour over enough curry sauce to cover and mix well
- Mix the flour, suet, salt, pepper and baking powder
- Rub the flour and suet together until it starts to feel springy
- Tip in the water (30g) and mix into a dough
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes then roll out to roughly cover the pic dishes
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200° C
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.