Pork Stir Fry
Easy Chinese at home
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 juice of 1 small orange
- Grated zest of half an orange
- 1 teaspoon dark muscovado sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 85g unsalted cashews nuts
- 4 to 6 spring onions, sliced
- 300g lean and thinly sliced higher welfare pork chops, which are labelled Freedom Food, outdoor reared, outdoor bred, free-range or organic
- A selection of your favourite vegetables, eg:
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 150g pack mangetout, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, muscovado sugar and cornflour. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the cashews and cook for a minute until golden brown. Remove the nuts and tip on to kitchen paper to drain. When cool enough to handle chop finely.
- Add half of the spring onion and cook over a high heat for 3-5 minutes until just softened then lift them out and add to the cashews.
- Add the pork and carrots to the wok and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, add the broccoli, mange tout, red pepper and cabbage stir fry for another 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender yet still crunchy.
- Stir the cornflour mixture to blend the ingredients, pour into the wok and stir-fry for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir in the spring onion. Serve the stir fry sprinkled with the nuts, the remaining spring onions, set on a bed of noodles or rice.
Cook the cashews in sesame oil, draining any excess into the soy sauce mix.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#porkstirfry #nuts #cashews #wok #cornflour #pork #noodles #mangetout #muscovadosugar #orange #stirfry