Plum and ginger sauce
(Redirected from Plum sauce)
- 500g fresh plums, de-stoned and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- 3 heaped tablespoons (50g) demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 125ml (4 fl oz) water
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Put all ingredients in a small pan and bring to the boil
- Reduce to a gentle heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the plums are soft
- Stir well
- Strain sauce and remove skins
Good with duck and game
Quack! Great with crispy duck.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#plumandgingersauce #duck #plums #lightsoysauce #sherryvinegar #pork #demerarasugar #ginger #boiledorsimmered