This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 1 cup uncooked plain rice
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- ¼ cup urad dal
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 10 to 12 teaspoons ghee or oil for frying
- Water for mixing
- Wash the dal, cooked and raw rice in cold running water.
- Add plenty of water and the fenugreek seeds
- Leave to soak overnight
- In the morning, wash rinse a few times and drain well
- Grind the rice and dal with just enough water to make a smooth paste
- Add the bicarbonate of soda, salt and yogurt and mix well
- Leave in a warm place for 12 hours
- Give the batter a final mix and adjust the consistency by adding a little water if necessary
- The batter should coat a dipped spoon well
- Heat a frying pan, tava or griddle and add a teaspoons of ghee when hot
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round
- Remove when crisp
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#rice #batter #plaindosa #bicarbonateofsoda #ghee #dal #fenugreekseeds #yogurt #parboiled #plainrice #chutney