Peppered mackerel and red pepper pizza
About time we had another seafood pizza. This time I thought I would try smoked peppered mackerel. It's available from most supermarkets, a 250g pack usually contains 4 peppered mackerel fillets, plenty enough for 2 pizzas. I used 2 jarred red peppers in oil to add a little colour and flavour.
- 1 portion of Pizza dough (makes 2 pizzas)
- About 6 tablespoon of Tomato sauce for pizza or passata
- 1 260g pack of smoked peppered mackerel
- 2 large red peppers in olive oil, sliced lengthwise
- 2 balls mozzarella cheese torn into small pieces(about 250g in total)
- Chili oil to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Divide the pizza dough into two and roll out into two pizzas
- Make each pizza individually and place the first one in the oven to keep warm whilst the second pizza completes
- Grill the pizza for about 2 to 3 minutes per side with no toppings added
- Removed the part-baked pizza and spread with Tomato sauce for pizza or passata
- Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets and tear into bite-sized pieces and distribute over the pizza
- Do the same with the red pepper strips
- Arrange the torn mozzarella over the seafood. Try to cover as much of the seafood as possible so it does not get too crisped
- Season with salt and black pepper and drizzle with chili oil if liked
- Bake for about 3 or 4 minutes under the hot grill until the mozzarella just starts to brown
- Serve immediately
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.