Parsley and thyme stuffing
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, pulled from the stem and chopped
- 85g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and gently sauté the onion until soft and translucent - don't brown the onion.
- Add the breadcrumbs, onions and herbs to a bowl, season well and mix well with your hands.
- Fold in the beaten egg and combine with the breadcrumbs.
- Either use to stuff your meat or poultry or roll into balls and cook in the roasting tray with the meat for the last 30 minutes or spread into a lightly greased oven-proof dish and cook for about 30 minutes at 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
Reminds me of a song!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#breadcrumbs #parsleyandthymestuffing #onion #egg #poultry #oliveoil #roastingtray #thymeleaves #freshherbs #stuffing #parsley