Pan seared tuna fillets
The trick to cooking tuna like this is to rest it for 5 minutes at the end. Perfectly cooked, moist and tasty.
- 300g tuna steaks
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce (light soy is fine)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or sherry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh, chopped coriander leaves or parsley to garnish
- In a flat dish mix the soy, lime juice, rice wine, salt and pepper
- Place the tuna in the dish and spoon the marinade all over
- Marinate in a refrigerator for at least for 30 minutes to an hour, turning a couple of times
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan on a medium heat
- Pan fry for 2 minutes per side
- Remove from heat, cover with a large plate or tin foil and rest for 5 minutes
- garnish with coriander leaves and serve
Fry in garlic olive oil
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.