Onion Gravy (2)
- see also: Onion gravy
A nice easy onion gravy recipe - great with a sunday roast.
- 285ml (½ pint) Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Heaped Flour
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch Dried Sage
- Dark soy sauce or light soy sauce, either is ok; light soy will be saltier, dark soy, richer
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan and add the onion, sauté gently until golden brown.
- Add the flour and herbs, cook for 3-4 minutes, ensuring that the flour does not burn.
- Gradually add the stock (or water), stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and then season to taste, not the other way around.
- Remove the bay leaf, serve as is or blend into a smooth sauce.
- Many other gravy recipes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions