Buttery, crunchy on the outside, soft in the middle and a wonderful accompaniment for homemade ice-cream. These are quick and simple to make.
- 225 g (8 oz) butter, softened
- 225 g (8 oz) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 110 g (4oz) oats
- 225 g (8oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3)
- Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper
- If you want to be a purist, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla together, beat the butter and sugar then fold in the dry ingredients and mix until you have a 'dough' that stands-up on its own.
- Or, being a lazy sod like me, sling it all in a food processor and blitz it.
- Roll the cookies into balls and place on the baking tray with enough room for them to spread out.
- Bake for 14 minutes
- Remove and cool on a rack
Serve with coconut ice cream
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#oatmealcookies #bakingtray #vanilla #butter #eggyolks #miseenplace #plainflour #oats #bake #dough #coconuticecream