Mojo picón (TM)
This is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones)
- 2 very ripe tomatoes
- Half a slice of bread
- ½ teaspoons chopped parsley
- ½ sweet red pepper
- 4 Cloves garlic
- ½ cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 guindilla pepper
- 200g oil
- 45g vinegar
- Wash the red pepper and remove the seeds.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half and allow them to drain.
- Put all the ingredients in the TM and blend 3 minutes / Speed 9.
- Next, scrape down the inside of the TM using the spatula,
- Blend again 1 minute / Speed 6-9 progressively, until you have the desired consistency.
This is one of the most important dressings in Canarian cuisine. It is ideal combined with several dishes, especially 'wrinkled' potatoes (papas arrugadas) and meat. Mojo Picón has different names on the various islands: Mojo Palmero, Mojo Encarnado, Mojo Rojo.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.