English pickling spice mixture
This is an English recipe for a pickling spice mixture or mixed spice.
- 2 tablespoons sized pieces of dried ginger
- 1.5 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon mace
- 3 tablespoons allspice
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2.5 tablespoons clove buds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- Place add of the ingredients in a clean muslin bag to flavour the vinegar to be used for pickling .
- They could also be added directly to the vinegar
- You could also grind all the ingredients with a coffee grinder to make a powdered spice mixture, in which case, you could use ginger powder instead of dried ginger pieces.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.