Mititei cu ardei (Sausages with peppers)
- 500 g green or red peppers, skins removed (see here) and sliced
- White wine vinegar
- 500 g beef, finely minced
- Garlic cloves, to taste, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon summer savory, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon allspice, ground
- Marinate (overnight) the pepper slices in a dressing of 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix the mince with the garlic, salt, pepper, savory and allspice and leave for 2 hours for the flavours to blend.
- Put the grill onto its highest heat.
- Meanwhile, with wet hands, shape the meat mixture into short sausages, about 2.5 cm thick.
- Brush the hot grill with oil and put the sausages on the grill to cook.
- They should take about 7-8 minutes in total and you will need to turn them once.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.