Mint and cucumber raitha
The perfect accompaniment for spicy food that is economical and easy to make. Play around with the ingredients to suite your taste.
- 500 g plain natural yogurt. For a creamier dip use Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cucumber, peeled, cut into four lengthways and a knife run along the centre of each quadrant to remove 'some' of the seeds
- 1 Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Handful of mint leaves, washed and chopped
- Chop the cucumber quadrants into thin slices
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, stir really well and refrigerate for a few hours for the flavours to infuse
- Arrange in a bowl and sprinkle with the tiniest pinch of turmeric and paprika powder
- Garnish with mint leaves or flowers
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.