Hall Place Farmers' Market, Bexley, Kent
Hall Place Farmers' Market, Bourne Road, Bexley, Kent, DA5 1PQ
This Farmers' market is our nearest Farmers' market and it began in April 2012 after a short and successful trial.
It is based in the kitchen gardens of Hall Place, a fine Jacobean Grade I listed country house built in 1537 with walled gardens and extensive parkland. There is excellent parking with all thefacilities you would expect at a councli-run amenity, marvellous tended gardens, fine glasshouses, exotic flora, butterflies, miles of parkland and even the Miller & Carter Bexley restaurant, though I would prefer to graze on the pies in the market! It is situated minutes from the Bexley exit on the A2, (follow the signs to Crayford and you cannot fail to see the House and gardens).
Don't forget to take a look around the (free) hothouses, behind which is a rather good nursery selling a good range of interesting plants. It's also worth paying the small fee to visit the owls and the butterfly jungle.
- Hall Place Farmers' Market
- Bourne Road:
- DA5 1PQ
- Gourmet sausage maker, Bexley
- La Sabrosa Continental, fine cheeses and pies
- McCarthy's, specialist bakers
- Bexley Brewery, fine ales
- Nuts4 honey, Organic flavoured honey
- The Chocolate Hut, wonderous chocolatey, nutty creations
- Sandra and Brian Woodfall, Jams chutneys and preserves
- V. J. Game - Sussex Smokers - Sausages, Game birds, smoked meat and fish
- A large vegetable stall
- Cinnamon Girl - Delicious vegetarian Indian snacks
- Greek specialities, olives, pickles and Greek sweets and desserts
- Hazel nuts and exotic oils
- And don't forget the visiting Jambs Owls!
Hall Place Sunday Market dates and times Dates
The first Sunday of every month, open from 10am to 2pm
To ensure this information is fresh, If I have missed anyone out or if there are any errors on adjoining stallholder pages, please do drop me a note using the Contact the Editor link and the bottom of this page and I will make the updates.