- Maaslander is the brand name of a Dutch Gouda cheese from the Huizen region. It contains 25% less salt than other Gouda cheeses because Maaslander cheeses spend a briefer time period immersed in brine; this also causes more milk to be preserved in Maaslander cheese, which contributes to its smoothness.
- 30 + matured
- 48 + matured (green / yellow)
- 48 + matured (red / yellow)
- 48 + extra matured (blue / yellow)
- 48 + old (black / yellow)
(coloured stripes on outer coating)
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Maaslander cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Maaslander cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.