- 3 pounds (900g) of beef tenderloin or other tender steak
- ¼ cup red wine, e.g., Burgundy
- 2 tablespoons of Crushed garlic
- 2 medium onions cut in strips
- 4 tomatoes, seeds removed, puréed in a blender
- 5 potatoes peeled and cut into strips for frying
- 1 yellow chili pepper (aji) cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- culantro (or substitute with coriander)
- Cut the meat into thin strips and marinate them in the wine for 1 hour.
- Use a wok to cook garlic in oil over medium heat and add the meat. Reserve the juice.
- Add the tomato purée, salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes.
- Add the soy sauce while stirring the meat in the wok.
- Add the onions, aji strips, cilantro and vinegar. Combine the juice from the meat.
- Fry the potatoes in a separate pan and add to the other ingredients.
Serve the dish with white rice.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.