Kidney bean salad
A quick salad dish that you can probably make up from ingredients that you have knocking about.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed in cold running water
- 1 1/2 a small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 celery stalks cut into moons
- A splash of cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- A splash of lemon juice
- A splash of garlic olive oil
- A handful of freshly torn basil leaves
- A pinch of sugar
- Tip the beans, celery and onion into a serving bowl
- In another bowl (or screw top jar) add the remaining ingredients apart from the basil leaves, and whisk (or shake) well to mix
- Pour over the bean mixture
- Garnish with basil leaves
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.