This masala recipe comes from the wonderful Nik and Edwina's Cookbook. I have added it here because it is used in two other of their recipes that look so good that they will be added here shortly: Leelu's Keralan Chicken Curry and Madtarbark (a sort of Thai samosa)
- A handful of broken up cinnamon sticks
- Half a handful of cloves
- Half a handful of aniseed
- 5 to 8 pods of black or green cardamom, peeled
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- Mix the masala ingredients together, then whiz to a powder in a liquidiser or spice grinder.
- Store in an airtight container, and keep it in your spice rack, its a lovely, subtle, quite sweet spice mix.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.