Italian beetroot salad
This simple salad recipe was recommended to me by the glorious Annabelle. She made it recently to accompany pork chops made with my Tex-Mex rub and barbecued chicken made with my Orange biter chilli sauce!
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced into rings
- 2 x 15 ml red wine vinegar
- 12 small beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- sea salt - optional
- Separate the onion rings, lay them out in a large flat lock and lock box, cover with the vinegar and leave for up to 3 hours. Give them a shake now and then.
- Slice the beetroot and arrange on a platter.
- Dress with the sliced onions and the vinegar they have been soaking in.
- Sprinkle with the chopped mint and sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#italianbeetrootsalad #mint #beetroot #vinegar #onion #miseenplace #onions #redwinevinegar #oliveoil #redonion #salad