Strange american food!
- 350 g cornmeal
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 spring onions
- 250 ml cold milk
- 2 free range eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- Beat the eggs and mix into the milk
- Add the remaining ingredients to a bowl, add the milk mixture and mix well so you have a smooth batter
- Heat a little oil in a heavy based frying pan and when hot, drop tablespoons of the mixture into the oil in small batches
- Fry until golden brown
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#hushpuppies #bakingpowder #freerangeeggs #deepfrying #gumbo #fry #batter #sidedish #eggs #fishdishes #plainflour