How to clean a Jaccard meat tenderiser
Cleaning a Jaccard meat tenderiser
As soon as I opened my Jaccard meat tenderiser it seemed obvious that it came apart for cleaning, and the blue sliding badge was plainly part of the procedure but I couldn't seem to get it apart and I couldn't find any instructions enclosed. Anyway, it's easy once you know how!
Step by step
Do be careful when handling and dismantling a Jaccard meat tenderiser as its razor sharp blades could do horrendous damage if you are not careful.
- Dismantling the Jaccard meat tenderiser:
- Slide the blue badge to the left hand side
- Press the Jaccard meat tenderizer down onto a chopping board to remove the cutting blades
- Slide the blade guard out to the right hand side
- Reassembling the Jaccard meat tenderiser
- Carefully slide the cutting blade assembly back into the body of the tenderizer
- Slide the blade guard back into the body of the cutter being careful not to snag the blades