Honey nut popcorn
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Honey nut popcorn recipes)
Yet another variation on the popular snack.
I first got the urge to try flavoured popcorn when watching a now, long forgotten cartoon; as mummy dragon was about to go shopping, she warned the two baby dragons not to make garlic popcorn whilst she was gone. Guess what I went and did next!
- 1.5 litres warm freshly popped corn
- 25g mixed nuts of your choosing, bashed to bits in a mortar and pestle
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1/2 teaspoon very finely chopped zest of orange or lemon
- 1 teaspoon orange or lemon juice
- Put the popcorn in a large bowl
- Mix the fruit juice and the runny honey (microwave for a few seconds if it's not really runny)
- Drizzle the honey over the popcorn, mixing well
- Sprinkle the crushed nuts over the popcorn
- Check the honey has safely cooled down if it was microwaved
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.