From Cookipedia(Redirected from Home made apple sauce)
- 450g (1 lb) cooking apples, about 3 large apples - Bramley cooking apples are the best for this sauce
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (or to taste)
- 25 g (1 oz) Butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- Peel, core and quarter the apples
- Add them to a pan, with all of the ingredients
- Cover and heat the pan gently until the apples have softened, started to fluff up and most of the liquid has been reduced (about 15 minutes)
- Mix well
Serve at room temperature
This is an ideal candidate for freezing. Make it when apples are plentiful and bag up and freeze in portion sizes to match your family.
Even better if you can vacuum pack them first.
I notice that my Phaidon Silver Spoon cookery book also suggest adding a tablespoon of grated horseradish root which I will have to try once mine has grown enough to harvest.
Or try a simple sauce!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.