Herbed Sea Bass and Saffron Potatoes
- 1kg Desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into 5mm discs
- 1 sachet saffron threads
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 12 small Cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus 3-4 extra sprigs
- 6 small sea bass (295-350g each), descaled and fins removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 small Belazu preserved lemons, quartered, flesh and pips removed
- 1 x jar Belazu green olives with Basil and Garlic, stoned
- 1 x 250g pack cherry tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the potato discs in a pan of cold salted water. Dissolve the saffron in a little boiling water and add to the pan. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat. Leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Fifteen minutes prior to cooking, preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7. Drain the potatoes and pat dry, then place in a bowl with the anchovies and 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix well and season with pepper.
- Place in a layer on a baking tray. Add the onions, peppers and garlic cloves to the bowl with another 2 tablespoons of oil, season and mix well. Spread this over the potatoes. Tuck in the 3-4 sprigs of thyme. Place on the top shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Make 3 slashes in the flesh on each side of the fish. Mix the herbs and some seasoning in a small bowl and stuff this mixture into the slashes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and scatter over the lemon quarters and olives. Place the fish on top and the tomatoes around the edges. Drizzle with oil and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the veg is tender.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.