Havana Red Beans and Rice
A historically beloved dish throughout the Caribbean; this version has a Cuban twist.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Goya Adobo with Habanero, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cans Goya Red beans
- 8 chopped Olives with pimento
- Sauté green pepper first in vegetable oil, then add onions when softened. When the onion is softened, add the garlic,
- Stir until garlic is golden, then add spices.
- After a minute, add the tomatoes
- add in beans and rice, then reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes., until the rice is absorbed.
- Add Goya® Adobo con Chile Habanero if you like it hot.
Great on its own or as a side dish for any tropical meal.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.