Haiver ot patladzani i sirene (Aubergine and cheese salad)
A salad from Bulgaria.
For the salad
- 3 large aubergines, skinned and chopped - Chef's notes below
- 75 g feta, homemade cottage cheese or sirene, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or mint, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 6 green olives, pitted
- 6 black olives, pitted
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl and garnish with the remaining ingredients.
Can be served as a first course or an accompaniment.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#salad #aubergines #mint #garlic #parsley #feta #accompaniment #tarragon #whitewinevinegar #sirenecheese #grill